FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Australian Server Appreciation Thread

We are listening. Influence the game's development by participating.

Australian Server Appreciation Thread

24 Dec 2012, 08:25

The developers have brought the promised Australian servers online overnight! I've only played two games in the server, but it's already vastly improved the play experience of Heroes & Generals due to the fact every single Australian doesn't have to constantly worry about having to compensate for the high pings. Kudos to Reto for going ahead with the move despite the logistical difficulties of hosting server(s) in Australia (I can already see your sysadmin shuddering at the cost of bandwidth) and the relatively small Australian player-base.

Words cannot describe the amounts of thanks I can give to you good sirs.
Last edited by Tyrx on 10 Jan 2013, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrx

Private First Class
Private First Class

Tyrx

Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Australian Server Appreciation Thread

24 Dec 2012, 11:47

Thankyou so much for this!
Finally a decent ping and I can do some proper testing. Many thanks to the devs for listening to a small part of their community.
Voltrefer!
~Mike

alotef

Recruit

alotef

Recruit

25 Dec 2012, 03:59

hold on is this campaign map or is this a total new war for europe

Pendrodor7896

Private
Private

Pendrodor7896

Private
Private

25 Dec 2012, 04:25

HOW do I JOIN IT????!!! I cant see it on the server list a green ping battle???? WHYYY WHYYY!!!???

tromez

Private
Private

tromez

Private
Private

25 Dec 2012, 11:50

if you start a battle it will be on the aussie server if u wait for some1 else to start a battle and join it it will be on the closest server to them which means bad ping for you.

Jager01

Oberschütze
Oberschütze

Jager01

Oberschütze
Oberschütze

25 Dec 2012, 12:04

Wut? 397 ping? Omg...
Hope you have enough australian new zelandian players to fill up battle.

CYNIC

Oberst
Oberst

CYNIC

Oberst
Oberst

25 Dec 2012, 12:11

This thread is about the Australian server. Keep all irrelevant and random posts out of it.

Chlodovech

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Chlodovech

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

08 Jan 2013, 14:29

bump
how do i join this server i was originally on the american one but cant figure out how to join this

moeboee1

Recruit

moeboee1

Recruit

08 Jan 2013, 16:06

moeboee1 wrote:bump
how do i join this server i was originally on the american one but cant figure out how to join this

Jager01 wrote:if you start a battle it will be on the aussie server if u wait for some1 else to start a battle and join it it will be on the closest server to them which means bad ping for you.

Server system gives you best possible gameserver . "if you join as first empty mission "

Ps. I hope now we didnt see 20 missions populating by all try out that function and want play on best possible server.

:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

cRo4Ti4

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cRo4Ti4

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

10 Jan 2013, 04:29

Ok, it's official, we're sending a koala, kookaburra, kangaroo and wombat to the devs as gratitude. maybe a brown snake for shits and giggles?

auron2

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

auron2

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

03 Feb 2013, 18:00

Very awesome indeed, thanks devs. I'm in Perth unfortunately, and on sh***y contested 4G, so my latency is around 150ms at best.

Any plans to host in Perth? :) First choice for someone to host a server would be Games.on.net (3FL/iiNet/Internode) - they're usually the first in Australia to host Betas/Mods that become popular; usually a few in Perth and Sydney. Perhaps give them a look when you get a chance :).

chaos205

Technician 5th
Technician 5th

chaos205

Technician 5th
Technician 5th

04 Feb 2013, 11:28

I would also like to extend a firm thanks for the server(s). Getting local servers is always so rare and such a slog, I'm absolutely blown away that you kids have provided them during the beta.

Only thing I ask is wising up all the American and European players who come into our games and complain how 'laggy' and 'poorly optimised' the game is, while they ignorantly rubberband around on a server sitting on the opposite side of a planet.

noobule

Private
Private

noobule

Private
Private

27 Feb 2013, 00:50

Yes, it is fantastic but it seems that there are often no Aussie servers up. Is there an online Australian clan or community that schedule these battles?

notsecret

Private
Private

notsecret

Private
Private

01 Mar 2013, 03:05

notsecret wrote:Yes, it is fantastic but it seems that there are often no Aussie servers up. Is there an online Australian clan or community that schedule these battles?

If you join an empty server (ie 'Open) it will begin the map on the Sydney server or whatever server is closest. Generally when I do this, it fills within seconds, as it seems a lot of Aussies are waiting for a good server to spin up. 8-)

chaos205

Technician 5th
Technician 5th

chaos205

Technician 5th
Technician 5th

20 Mar 2013, 07:54

Apologies for the bump, but are these Australian servers actually being populated by players?

-n3o-

Private
Private

-n3o-

Private
Private

21 Mar 2013, 00:53

they are being used and populated yes, lately i have been seeing around at least 1 full one and 1 half full one continually all the time during the Aussie day. I hardly play on them myself due to preferring the US ones so i can play with buddies easier as the Europeans hate the Aussie servers due to "Lag"

Jager01

Oberschütze
Oberschütze

Jager01

Oberschütze
Oberschütze

21 Mar 2013, 02:35

I only reason i'm back playing this (soon to be) awesome game is because of these servers.

A Big Thank you goes out to reto.

ironguts

Private
Private

ironguts

Private
Private

21 Mar 2013, 02:50

Thank you for the new server. Have a close friend that's an Aussie but I live in the U.S. and we couldn't play before. Hope this will fix the issue.
meka leka high meka hiney ho!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZpweGC1nc

Just because I don't like Brazilian gamers doesn't mean I'm racist.

Meka

Sergeant
Sergeant

Meka

Sergeant
Sergeant

23 May 2013, 06:51

Thanks for the Australian server.

You an tell a locally hosted battle because it has at least one green bar!
(Never see green bars otherwise).

This is much better than the frustration of fighting laggy teleporting ghost people, jumping across the map etc.
******************************************************************************************
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
- General George S. Patton, Jnr.

routier1642

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

routier1642

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

30 May 2013, 17:57

Changing the topic slightly, does everyone else in Australia experience the SLLLOOOWWWWWW map loading in the Campaign view, or is it just me?

If it's not just me, does it imply that the map tiles are not stored locally, but are loaded across the wire every time? Because that would be silly.
******************************************************************************************
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
- General George S. Patton, Jnr.

routier1642

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

routier1642

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant