FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Call to Arms: Video Capture

Please use this forum to post videos & images from the game. This way it is easier for everybody to find your masterpieces.

Call to Arms: Video Capture

15 Jan 2014, 14:23

Hi guys,

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Reto.Chinch – H&G’s token Brit and Reto’s man on the inside at Square Enix London. Lovely to meet you all!

So, we’ve got big plans for H&G in 2014, and one of the things we’re really looking to ramp up this year is the amount of video content we release. We really want to be able to show off everything that the game has to offer in the best possible ways, as well as creating useful things such as video guides and tutorials to help new players get into the game. To do this, we need lots and lots of raw footage, showing everything from standard infantry-only skirmish battles to full on advanced tactical town assaults with units of every kind piling into the action. Seeing as how our players create all of the best moments on the battlefields, we thought you might be able to help us out with this. (If I’m left to capture this stuff on my own, most of the videos will end up looking a little something like this.)

To cut to the chase, here’s what we need you guys to help out with:
  • For those of you playing with high settings on decent PCs to capture your H&G sessions as you play (using fraps or similar capture software)
  • When you’ve captured anything you think is great, drop me an email at videos@heroesandgenerals.com, explaining what you think is cool about your video
  • I'll then email you back with a dropbox link, so you can send the video file over to me
  • For every video that we use (even if it’s just a few seconds of your footage), we’ll send you a voucher for 500 in-game Gold (if we think it’s really great, we may even throw in a little extra!)

As I said before, we need lots of footage of all sorts of areas and aspects of the game, but please don’t just send hours and hours of footage across – what we’re looking for are the things you capture that you think are exciting, interesting or cool for whatever reason. Also, it’s important to note this is just about raw footage, so no VO or fancy editing needed here – if you want to make your own fully fledged videos, please keep doing this. We had some awesome fan vids sent to us last year, and we don’t want for these to stop!

This is a bit of a trial for now, so we’ll see how it goes. As time goes on, we may decide to issue one-off challenges to capture specific aspects of the game, with different rewards on offer, but we’ll keep it simple for now.

If you’ve got questions about any of this at all, or if you just want to say hello, please feel free to drop me a mail at the email above any time.

I’m really looking forward to hearing from you!

-Reto.Chinch

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Call to Arms: Video Capture

15 Jan 2014, 14:27

Nice. I would suggest you guys release your replay tool(i herad you have one to watch replay of battles) to public so you will get lot of decent and funny videos from fans! Just my 2 cents. 8-)

WolfHoffmann

Captain
Captain

WolfHoffmann

Captain
Captain

15 Jan 2014, 14:49

Dammit, there goes my plan of creating an awesome tutorial...

Looking for Allied clan?

Join Allied Airborne Army today by clicking the image above!

ImageImage

Pjosip

Major General
Major General

Pjosip

Major General
Major General

15 Jan 2014, 15:54

Nice!

Time to install FRAPS. 8-)

ashkenton

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

ashkenton

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

15 Jan 2014, 16:46

You've piqued my interest, Pjosip... If you're planning to doing an awesome tutorial I'd love to know more: from our perspective, the more great content made by the players for the players the better! :D

Feel free to drop me a mail about this any time (and that goes for anyone else planning on making their own H&G videos too).

Ashkenton - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

15 Jan 2014, 16:51

I've been meaning to dust off Fraps and start taking some footage again. It's been a few months. If I grab anything decent I will send it your way.

Kanga

Colonel
Colonel

Kanga

Colonel
Colonel

15 Jan 2014, 17:14

Damn it if I knew this earlier I hadn't deleted all my raw footage from my Frag movie :(

In this content we show, is it ok with having teamspeak in background ? Because most movement is based on communication.

Well I'll start to record then again :)

Last Question can you use anything out of this here? I know you said raw footage but just asking.

ImageImage
For everyone who thinks I am cheating...
"Starting pitchfork/angry mob threads on public boards is a big middle finger." -Someone

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

15 Jan 2014, 17:44

i have video capture from November 2013 and its 31 minutes. Gameplay with my k98 upgraded and it can kill with one shot . so how can i show this video, its with great graphic and the center of the battle is shown .Should upload on youtube or not ??! :)

Gjoke

Private First Class
Private First Class

Gjoke

Private First Class
Private First Class

15 Jan 2014, 17:47

-Ger-Schilli wrote:Damn it if I knew this earlier I hadn't deleted all my raw footage from my Frag movie :(

On that note, I kept everything I Frapped. It's a lot! Going back to the Bradley build. If you guys want any old stuff.

Kanga

Colonel
Colonel

Kanga

Colonel
Colonel

15 Jan 2014, 18:27

Kanga wrote:
-Ger-Schilli wrote:Damn it if I knew this earlier I hadn't deleted all my raw footage from my Frag movie :(

On that note, I kept everything I Frapped. It's a lot! Going back to the Bradley build. If you guys want any old stuff.

W
I think its about to do some merchyndise of new current build state of game developmant , but i could think about some time laps video, so do no delete so we can one day do compare ideos of great game developmant proceed.

Ps. I suggest to contact franky on pc , he has still outstanding his announced sniper video .

[ Post made via Android ] Image

cRo4Ti4

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cRo4Ti4

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

15 Jan 2014, 19:57

Anything you guys want to send across will be useful - obviously we won't be able to use everything we receive, but the more stuff we have to choose from the better.

Just to make sure everyone is clear, this is basically how the process will be working for now:

- You guys get the videos over to me via email
- I'll look through the videos, trying to find things that I think will work with what we're planning
- All footage will go into a database, which we can dig in to whenever we're looking to create new assets
- When we end up using some of your footage in an official asset, we'll let you know, and send you a voucher code for your gold!

At the moment this is pretty much just a personal project of mine, so there may be some time from when you send me footage until we actually use it - there's only so much video one man can watch/edit and turn into nice shiny trailers on top of all of my regular day-to-day work, so don't be offended if you don't see your videos appearing in H&G footage straight away.

Schilli: to answer your question, ideally the footage would not have TS on it, but footage with TS included will still be useful for any assets we may create that will feature music or VOs from the team etc.

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

15 Jan 2014, 20:02

Kanga wrote:

Kanga, this could be awesome if we ever look to create videos showing how the game has changed over time - if you're happy to share it drop me a line :)

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

15 Jan 2014, 20:20

Okay understood. So usually a round duration is 30 min. So if I want to do some dogfighting footage you only want to see the action scence or the whole match, for example how the dog fight starts, what happends during the dogfight and after the dogfight you want to see all this ?
ImageImage
"Starting pitchfork/angry mob threads on public boards is a big middle finger." -Someone

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

2014 decent fps

15 Jan 2014, 20:37

What is a decent PC?

Is a great idea to release the replay tools and if is possible some mod tools or map editor, this game has lots of potential and has a very active and loyal community.

Is a shame what i cant record because seem what my pc is not to be decent for H&G, even when it says nvidia it works better for me with my AMD gpu, i cant use it either because im mining Feathercoins with it.

Anyway i hope H&G reach a decent frame rate in 2014, more maps, real London and Berlin maps at least, more objectives and game modes, new uniforms for higher ranks, MORE RESISTENT CARS, an standalone app with integrated strategy map (no flash), etc.

MasterTanker

Private
Private

MasterTanker

Private
Private

16 Jan 2014, 16:31

Shame that I'm getting small black squares in all textures in game that pop up and flicker according to light, the game is not pretty so I can't record it because of this.
AKA Fxmkorp(Ex 8 year ww2ol Vet)/BF 1942(10 year Vet), also playing Warthunder, Archeage and RO 2.
1,2,3 Kill System
Campaing map checkpoint system
Move tankettes PZ I & M2A2 from Light tank to Guard

deathmachinept

Leutnant
Leutnant

deathmachinept

Leutnant
Leutnant

16 Jan 2014, 19:09

deathmachinept wrote:Shame that I'm getting small black squares in all textures in game that pop up and flicker according to light, the game is not pretty so I can't record it because of this.

Did you update your drivers? I got this when I installed new drivers.
ImageImage

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

-Ger-Schilli

Colonel
Colonel

16 Jan 2014, 20:02

-Ger-Schilli wrote:Okay understood. So usually a round duration is 30 min. So if I want to do some dogfighting footage you only want to see the action scence or the whole match, for example how the dog fight starts, what happends during the dogfight and after the dogfight you want to see all this ?

I'm pretty open to short and long form footage - so whether it's just the most intense bits of a battle or how it unfolds from start to finish, I don't really mind, as long as the content is interesting.

MasterTanker wrote:What is a decent PC?

If your PC can run H&G on med/high graphics and run fraps at the same time without the capture frame rate dropping too much, then your PC is probably pretty decent. Footage should be smooth enough to look like an official gameplay video. :)

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

reto.Chinch

Community Manager
Community Manager

17 Jan 2014, 01:31

-Ger-Schilli wrote:
deathmachinept wrote:Shame that I'm getting small black squares in all textures in game that pop up and flicker according to light, the game is not pretty so I can't record it because of this.

My drivers are updated automatically when available and I got this the first day I tried Newgarden.
AKA Fxmkorp(Ex 8 year ww2ol Vet)/BF 1942(10 year Vet), also playing Warthunder, Archeage and RO 2.
1,2,3 Kill System
Campaing map checkpoint system
Move tankettes PZ I & M2A2 from Light tank to Guard

deathmachinept

Leutnant
Leutnant

deathmachinept

Leutnant
Leutnant

17 Jan 2014, 01:40

deathmachinept wrote:
-Ger-Schilli wrote:

My drivers are updated automatically when available and I got this the first day I tried Newgarden.

Little off-topic here, but try turning off post processing (in the in-game options, set it on lowest).

~Circinus

*hides from Reto.Chinch for going off-topic*

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

17 Jan 2014, 10:14

In this content we show, is it ok with having teamspeak in background ? Because most movement is based on communication.

Well I'll start to record then again :)

Last Question can you use anything out of this here? I know you said raw footage but just asking.

Should say your video its like She Looked 16 By Katha?

sky90ed

Schütze
Schütze

sky90ed

Schütze
Schütze