FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Login Server Issues [2014.05.12]

All the flashy news updates and developer feedback threads can be found here!

Queue time is ridiculous, impossible to enter combat.

07 Aug 2013, 17:53

When me and my friend tries to enter combat, as a 2-man "Guard" squad, we get a "Queue time" of 13-15 minutes.. We wait a minute or two, then the game tells us "You have the wrong tier to join this mission." Sometimes it takes 2 minutes, sometimes just 5-6 minutes.

1.Why do we get these insane queue times.
2.Why make this "Assault Team" system if it doesn't even work?
3.Why am I the only one reporting this?

Shigawire

Recruit

Shigawire

Recruit

Re: Queue time is ridiculous, impossible to enter combat.

07 Aug 2013, 18:01

I think because no one on the forums uses the matchmaking system. We all go to the campaign map and chose a missions ourselves.
A lot of people would love to see the matchmaking button be removed all together.

I've read somewhere they should fix some issues with matchmaker probably tomorrow.

dondergod

Major General
Major General

dondergod

Major General
Major General

Re: Queue time is ridiculous, impossible to enter combat.

14 Aug 2013, 00:16

no i see wrong tier all the time and hardly any matches to join when on the axis side. didn't have that many probs on the allied side.

wuforde

Private
Private

wuforde

Private
Private

Long loading time of game heroes page

06 Feb 2014, 00:04

Hi i have a problem.. recently yesterday after updating game because of bugs or what, when i try to load http://game.heroesandgenerals.com/ there is imposible long loading of page.. any help? :(

Arwweks

Private First Class
Private First Class

Arwweks

Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Long loading time of game heroes page

06 Feb 2014, 00:22

Hi Arwwweks,

We have been having some issues with one of our loginservers this evening. But it just returned from maintenance and everything should work for the moment (might still be a bit slower as usual).

~Circinus

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Re: Long loading time of game heroes page

06 Feb 2014, 16:38

I tried on morning to log and it was okay but now it is same issue as yesterday.. again imposible long loading :(

Arwweks

Private First Class
Private First Class

Arwweks

Private First Class
Private First Class

Login Server Issues [2014.05.13]

09 May 2014, 14:49

Hello,

Update [2014.05.13]

We are currently testing some adjustments, fixes and tweaks for the system. We hope to release a hotfix for many present issues tomorrow.

Update [2014.05.12]

Reto.Robotron3000 wrote:Adding more servers will not fix the problem. The issue is the communication between the SERVICES (not servers) on the backend and we are working as fast as we can on finding the bottlenecks and fixing them.

We are aware that this is super annoying and we are really sorry for the inconvenience.
More info as soon as we have a clearer picture of what is wrong and how fast we can fix it and how many players are hit by these issues, so please have a bit of patience.

Once the smoke clears and the servers can handle the load we'll do a 'Veteran Weekend' where all active players will get extended their veteran memberships.

If you have specific questions please contact support and they'll do all they can to help you out.

/Reto.Robotron3000

Reto.Lord wrote:Hi guys,

unfortunately we cannot make a quick fix like the one suggested as the core of the problem lies in the process of logging in and retrieving data.

Instead we will deploy a fix with a hard limit of concurrent users and reject login attempts when this limit has been reached.

We will compensate those of you wasting membership time and boosters.

We are very sorry that we have this problem and are working on a permanent solution.

/Martin

Spoiler: show
Due to the large amount of players trying to connect to the game our login server is experiencing issues. While some of you may be able to connect, others will not be able to. We're working on a solution for this problem.

Unfortunately at this time we are unable to provide an ETA for the fix. We'll keep you informed once we have more information.

Update: [2014.05.11 23.30 CET]
Spoiler: show
Despite the hard efforts of IT we were unable to fix the issue with the log in servers. The servers will remain open as some of you are able to log in. IT will continue to investigate the problem and we hope to provide more information in the course of tomorrow. They eased the problem as much as possible in the meantime.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and are making preparations to make it up to you once the servers are stable again.

Thank you for your understanding,

~Your Community Team

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Maintenance still going?

10 May 2014, 22:06

Hey, this has probably already been asked.
But when I just tried to get ingame for the first time it said maintenance was going on.
Fair enough, that's to be expected, but they said it would take 1-2 hours yesterday?

I just signed up.. So what did I miss?

Edit: Nvm, just saw the new tweet.

Silentzo

Private
Private

Silentzo

Private
Private

Re: Maintenance still going?

10 May 2014, 22:10

The guys from Yogscast made a video on this game and well I think that due to amount of people joining the servers are misbehaving.So this is a different maintenance. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Last edited by ChrisofIowa on 10 May 2014, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

10 May 2014, 22:12

What ChrisofIowa said is correct. We had such a tremendous amount of players coming into the game that our login server and other services started to act up.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, our IT is working the best they can to solve the issues.

~Circinus

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

Reto.Circinus

Community Assistant
Community Assistant

10 May 2014, 22:16

That would explain why I could not load the game. Whats funny is that their friends made a video on the German recording http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMDV9YZCzc so basically I can watch both sides of the battle, how convenient.

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Server maintenance on a saturday WTF ?????

10 May 2014, 22:20

well ok i understand now, but should be explained this way on the server down page in my humble opinion. since 2 minutes before downtime i was playing and experienced no problem on the map I was in it got me wondering .

kosapan

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

kosapan

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

10 May 2014, 22:24

about an hour ago Yogscast uploaded a gameplay video, I think a lot of players tried registering and logging in at the same time.

dondergod

Major General
Major General

dondergod

Major General
Major General

10 May 2014, 22:29

and for my part i had only the message from may 9 "Servers are down while we add some more hotfixes. Estimated downtime 1 - 2 hours" the new message showed just now , so now i get the reason why .

kosapan

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

kosapan

Technician 4th
Technician 4th

10 May 2014, 22:47

Once I saw the video I knew a bunch of new players would attempt to join. I realized my Heroes & Generals day has been ruined.

At least we know who to direct our guns at ;)
We no longer demand anything, we want war. - Germany's foreign minister
Today we rule Germany, tomorrow, the world. - Adolf Hitler
"Germany must either be a world power or there will be no Germany"

mr.x

Corporal
Corporal

mr.x

Corporal
Corporal

10 May 2014, 22:57

mr.x wrote:Once I saw the video I knew a bunch of new players would attempt to join. I realized my Heroes & Generals day has been ruined.

At least we know who to direct our guns at ;)
Shhh, Do not let them know that, I am getting out my Scoped Springfield, panzers since well bazookas cost about 90k more cedits and not sure the new players know where the panzerfaust - spelling wrong I forgot how to-creates are ;)usually there are about 50 so on each side when I logged in but when I attempted to today it was tripled the number.

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

10 May 2014, 23:00

Reto better be prepared for some serious server overload today, cause Yogscast players are gonna x3 the current playerbase.

Patiently awaiting for an estimate of when the servers will come back up! ;D
We no longer demand anything, we want war. - Germany's foreign minister
Today we rule Germany, tomorrow, the world. - Adolf Hitler
"Germany must either be a world power or there will be no Germany"

mr.x

Corporal
Corporal

mr.x

Corporal
Corporal

10 May 2014, 23:03

I could not even log in when I got back home a couple hours ago, this maintenance hopefully will help.

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

ChrisofIowa

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

10 May 2014, 23:04

How long will be server down?

Majklord

Private
Private

Majklord

Private
Private

10 May 2014, 23:10

Most often after a game crash it takes between an hour and 90 minutes.

dondergod

Major General
Major General

dondergod

Major General
Major General