FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Infantry Clothing Customization

All feedback concerning the Action Game, (First Person Shooter part of the game)

Do you think we need character customization anytime soon?

Yes
96%
No, and explain
4%

Total votes : 69

Infantry Clothing Customization

02 Apr 2014, 03:58

Hello!
I would like to suggest we have infantry customization added to the game soon.
This will be a treat for both veterans and new players.
___________________________________________________________________________________
If anyone has any suggestions for Reto-Moto, please post below. I'll give an example, and keep the items time period and somewhat common. Keep it to the current factions!

EXAMPLE:

Axis-German
Parka:
Worn by Heer and Luftwaffe troops from 1943 until the end of the War. The one in the picture is one of the most common ones. It's mouse grey and winter reversable, so it can be sold either as mouse grey or winter white. Most common of all was the zeltbahn, because all soldiers had it, and KNEW how to wear it as a parka... because it WAS one.
Splinter and tan/water camouflage patterns also available.
Mouse grey and white
pretty embarrassing to look back on old posts
filipsime wrote:i rather have arcade game than fake realism game

RichFriend

Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

RichFriend

Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Re: Infantry Clothing Customization

02 Apr 2014, 06:12

Still want the helmet net. Perhaps it can be bundled with the German Parka as a starter kit. :mrgreen:

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

02 Apr 2014, 08:02

I vote YES. But remember reto wont this implement in the near future. I bet my 5 gold :lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Contact support for help
Redemon Weapon Comparison Tool

Welcome to Europe!: show

Pjosip wrote:Past needs to be remembered, and learned from, not hold a grudge against what happened.

AUFAR100

Generalmajor
Generalmajor

AUFAR100

Generalmajor
Generalmajor

02 Apr 2014, 09:14

O.k. who doesn't want many shinny clothes and camuflages to pickup from. It's like asking a man to refuse skinny blonde twins :lol:
Battles are won by those teams who put MORE BOOTS on MISSION OBJECTIVES.

For those who think main combat weapons are balanced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxa4kw7Lt70

BoskoBuha1

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

BoskoBuha1

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

02 Apr 2014, 13:36

Wow, this thread is getting a lot of attention already.
People are still free to post ideas below.
pretty embarrassing to look back on old posts
filipsime wrote:i rather have arcade game than fake realism game

RichFriend

Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

RichFriend

Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

02 Apr 2014, 14:42

This is all uniforms i want, hopefully none of them is refused by Retos :?

kalashnjkov

Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

kalashnjkov

Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

02 Apr 2014, 14:46

kalashnjkov wrote:This is all uniforms i want, hopefully none of them is refused by Retos :?

They'd only allow the one on the left I believe.

All seems fine to me. Expect the winter uniform for summer weather and the other ones for any upcoming winter weather though.

Heh.

fubarworkz

Oberst
Oberst

fubarworkz

Oberst
Oberst

02 Apr 2014, 14:59

kalashnjkov wrote:This is all uniforms i want, hopefully none of them is refused by Retos :?

They look GREAT
Battles are won by those teams who put MORE BOOTS on MISSION OBJECTIVES.

For those who think main combat weapons are balanced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxa4kw7Lt70

BoskoBuha1

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

BoskoBuha1

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

02 Apr 2014, 15:21

I'd like to see all these uniforms and factions available in the game. Except for those nasty-ass uniforms that RETO will not allow.

They had the Assault Team Insignia developer when I first started playing H&G. Back then, there was more focus on skins and customization. There's been countless amounts of post of uniform customizations since and I have to admit it was one element I've been hoping to see that has never materialized over the years.

Allowing the community to customize their skins isn't something they will do because of credit/copyright laws surrounding the game. However, if they had an Assault Team uniform developer where we were able to select different style uniforms for our Assault Teams - that would be freaking amazing!! I would love to be able to pick out whether my ATs uniforms will have netted helmets, type of jacket or over coat, boots... etc. It would really be an attractive feature to the game.

PS: Helmet markings would be another nice feature. The U.S. vertical stripes on the back for officers, horizontal stripes for NCO's. Things like that.

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

02 Apr 2014, 17:06

Yes this is a wonderful idea. Hope to see it implemented in the NEAR future.

Rocksitter

Private
Private

Rocksitter

Private
Private

02 Apr 2014, 17:13

Kanga wrote:Helmet markings would be another nice feature. The U.S. vertical stripes on the back for officers, horizontal stripes for NCO's. Things like that.

Yeh maybe the helmets can get the war thunder treatment so we can place the decal where we desire like on the helmet below.

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

02 Apr 2014, 17:27

"no and explain"
soldiers were given kit, yes the kit varied depending on role and where deployed etc but all soldiers were generally uniform in clothing, being in military uniforms and all.

id rather not have decals and hats etc, TF2 H&G goooooooooooo!

or a map full of soldiers in differing camo/colours/patterns/decals/cosmetic items ("Omg an ace of spades card in the helmet band" etc).

edit note: i feel kinda lonely being the only no so far

richy1066

Major
Major

richy1066

Major
Major

02 Apr 2014, 17:36

richy1066 wrote:edit note: i feel kinda lonely being the only no so far

Because if we don't have customization, we take a valuable possible source of money away from reto, with no reason at all. That the camo should be determined by the AT and not the player character we can agree, but therefore we have AT customization that can define camo. Little personal helmet insignia are also not gamebreaking, same as a net on it or something like that.
Secret heroes of ww2

Spoiler: show
Military messenger/working dogs

SnowDog

Oberst
Oberst

SnowDog

Oberst
Oberst

02 Apr 2014, 17:47

SnowDog wrote:
richy1066 wrote:edit note: i feel kinda lonely being the only no so far

Because if we don't have customization, we take a valuable possible source of money away from reto, with no reason at all. That the camo should be determined by the AT and not the player character we can agree, but therefore we have AT customization that can define camo. Little personal helmet insignia are also not gamebreaking, same as a net on it or something like that.

monetary - yes ppl love to buy silly cosmetic items in games, tf2, LOL etc prove this beyond doubt.

gamebreaking - well lets see, having to store every soldiers cosmetic changes, render them in for every player playing.

plus if we see nets/insignias you then get ppl wanting skin colouring, different face/hair options, it all leads to yes more money, and a hell of a lot more coding, rendering and database work on a game thats been beta for years and still suffering rendering issues.

+ i still dont want it :P

richy1066

Major
Major

richy1066

Major
Major

02 Apr 2014, 17:55

I feel snowdog is right that players should have the ability to customize helmets along with other minor accessories that do not break realism. The germans customized their helmets so much some were practically rainbows. As snowdog said just attach uniform customization to assault teams so every soldier looks standardized.

We should take inspiration from the Texas Infantry Division. They often sport a wide degree of helmet customization. :mrgreen:

http://www.custermen.com/ItalyWW2/Units/Mud36GI.jpg

http://images.cloud.worthpoint.com/wpim ... afc3e9.jpg

http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/12/45/46/69/drg10.jpg

http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/12/45/46/69/hx359c10.jpg

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads ... 267338.jpg

http://armyhistoryjournal.com/wp-conten ... ield-6.jpg

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

02 Apr 2014, 18:12

just a quick one - whilst uniforms on AT's will help the field being less horrible with everyone in a diff getup, it's still going to leave battles with 3-9 differently camo'd looking soldiers, in the same town battle, which will still look horrible and wrong.

id prefer small customisations over whole uniforms (this aint mardi gras its a war zone) and even then i fervently dislike that idea too for the reasons ive previously stated

richy1066

Major
Major

richy1066

Major
Major

02 Apr 2014, 18:48

You would actually pay real money so some random guys get cool uniforms in your AT? :lol:
Vihollisen uhka on todellinen.
ImageImage

K120

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

K120

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

02 Apr 2014, 19:05

You have my yes for this, although with the current way Reto thinks, we might not see this until we get out of Beta or when they will accept our feedback about this, since they seem to "heavily" focus on fixing bugs and adding stuff to the FPS part of the game right now :| .
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." - David Hackworth

AUFAR100 wrote:Humans tend to always ask about something without thinking about the consequence, then cry later :P

Raul

Colonel
Colonel

Raul

Colonel
Colonel

02 Apr 2014, 20:32

richy1066 wrote:just a quick one - whilst uniforms on AT's will help the field being less horrible with everyone in a diff getup, it's still going to leave battles with 3-9 differently camo'd looking soldiers, in the same town battle, which will still look horrible and wrong.

id prefer small customisations over whole uniforms (this aint mardi gras its a war zone) and even then i fervently dislike that idea too for the reasons ive previously stated

So what battle ww2 battle had all the same uniforms? Im not getting your point no one said anything about feathers and masks...

Rocksitter

Private
Private

Rocksitter

Private
Private

02 Apr 2014, 20:43

K120 wrote:You would actually pay real money so some random guys get cool uniforms in your AT? :lol:

Well its your assault team so whats the problem? Do you find assault team insignias silly too? :lol:

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel

Matt6767

Colonel
Colonel