FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Introduce yourself

Can’t find a dedicated forum for your gameplay topic?

Re: Introduce yourself

28 Apr 2012, 02:22

Hello all - pleased to meet you. I'm hoping to find a brilliant gaming experience here and looking forward to mucking in :D

What is your gamertag in Heroes & Generals and what's the story behind it?
Aerial-Fox-Johnson. Apparently the name of my phone which I adopted as my handle. I do like combat flight games (CFS anyone?), can be devious in a fight but just as happy slogging it out on foot.

What are your hobbies?
Video editing and messing around in UDK making less games than creepy experiences and pretty scenery. Gaming of course.

What’s the best thing about Heroes & Generals?
From the videos it looks like it's shaping up to be a helluva FPS/RTS experience - immersion means the world.

What are your favorite games of all time?
Cod4, Operation Flashpoint & ARMA2 (unit transport pilot/medic. Oh god the hot CASEVACs), C&C: Tiberian Sun, Fallout series, TES: Morrowind. There are more XD

What are your favorite movies?
Never let me go, The Prestige, Taken, about a thousand more.

What are you playing right now?
Bit of Tribes Ascend, LoL, ARMA2 (Unit currently inactive). Gave up on BF3...
Why is my plane upside down?

Aerial-Fox-Johnson

Private First Class
Private First Class

Aerial-Fox-Johnson

Private First Class
Private First Class

Steven is here!

28 Apr 2012, 11:56

Hey,

I have just copy+pasted the questions because they are the perfect ones ^^ + country

Steven155 because i mostly pick that name if TheOnlyOne is already in use xD (TheOnlyOne has more story on it with Steam) Steven155 is from BF2 and 3 and CoD well almost all other games :D

What are your hobbies?
Going to school (Well not a hobby but it takes most time of the day... Elektrician is my thing xD wana learn more about Hardware after my studies)
Gaming... and thats alot of games i have, got a whole collection with about 150+.

The Campain map+Ingame feedback off it. You can see what is on the battlefield and when players die -1 =D

Battlefield Series
Team Fortress 2
Call of Duty 4 (new ones are crap)
CSS, Assassins Creed,Guild Wars 1-2, and mutch more xD

Harry Potter,Lord of The Rings, Iron Man,Bat Man,etv... Fantasy/Action/Comedy

Super Monday Night Combat or Check my Xfire: steven155 or steam:[CODE]TheOnlyOne

Country= Belgium :D

Grtz Steven

steven155

Private
Private

steven155

Private
Private

29 Apr 2012, 10:53

My Gamertag in H&G is ThePain, which is my name in most games I have played. Not much of a story, been using it for 10 years now.

What are your hobbies?
Level Design, Competitive FPS E-Sports, and foreign languages.

Being the spiritual successor to the longest slowest train wreck in history, World War 2 Online

World War 2 Online (heh), Counter Strike 1.5, Call of Duty 1, CoD Black Ops, Body Harvest, Theme Hospital, Red Alert 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Final Fantasy 3, Pilot Wings 64, Mission Impossible for the NES.

Demolition Man, The Bird Cage, Sean of the Dead, The Matrix Reloaded, UHF, Rampage.

Team Fortress 2, Heroes and Generals, CoD MW3, Tropico 3. Minecraft, Sniper Elite V2 (when it comes out)

Bio

Competed in
Counter Strike 1.3, 1.5, 1.6. I was CAL M before there was a CAL P.
Counter Strike Source
Call of Duty
Call of Duty United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Halo 1 on Xbox (very shortly in a few tournaments)
Was trained by zEx member, youngest CAL I champion for CS 1.3 and CPL founder Aaron "DreadAssault" Game.
Was on team GDEC with Gladiator for Call of Duty 1 and some of 2
Trained with Swedish CS Team "Hammer"
Most recently took 2nd place on the PSGN CoD Black Ops Hardcore SnD ladder, and my team IIWII was the #1 team in 6 ladders, and top 3 in Every Single ladder for Black Ops on PSGN and TWL.
The most recent event was taking 2nd place in TWL's MW3 SnD launch tournament.
My team and I in a match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPzlsS1msQ
My clan's current placements found here
http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewTeam.asp ... What+It+Is
Screenshots
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48887 ... 5AA97285C/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48887 ... ABC6F8CAD/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61497 ... 93A597458/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56092 ... EEB99E7C8/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56092 ... 5187C5AB7/
As for basic gameplay video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R08VK_j-5fU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHQATwIfus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eW-3gpxzNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1gj5fXCEbc - The Pain 2
I've been playing FPS games since they came out, starting with Wolfenstein 3D and then Doom 1 and 2.

I played World War 2 online for 3 years with 3PZG. My in-game name was "Optim" and I helped Dinker serve breakfast to the Allied Factories on many occasions. Looking to reunite with them if they come to H&G. On that note I have a lot of experience moving and setting up armor columns and infantry tactics in exactly the fashion they will be used in HG, so I may make some tutorial videos in the future like I have for TF2 and CoD.

Like it says above I am currently in one of the top MW3 teams in the world, and it was one of the top for Black Ops as well. And here's my first video, showing my roots in CoD1 and CS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7Gp8Y1uVA

As for Level Design- It's a hobby that recently I haven't had any time to do, but I would absolutely love to get back in to. If they want an unpaid intern for H&G to help flesh out more levels, I will make my schedule clear.
http://mapgenorator.cgsociety.org/
http://i.imgur.com/oBKlN.jpg

ThePain

Private
Private

ThePain

Private
Private

29 Apr 2012, 12:11

Warm greetings from Finland! :) , finding this game made my day :)

It's from a great book by Stephen King "The girl who loved Tom Gordon" , one of my favourite books of all time ;).Same name that i use on Steam "The God of The Lost"

What are your hobbies?

Spending time outside, reading, poetry sometimes and videogames.

A fresh take on WW2 FPS videogaming :), not the generic shooter.

Probably.. Defender of the crown for Philips Cd-i, Penumbra Black Plague for PC and Company of Heroes

Hmm..The Shining, Cube series probably.

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Fallout 2 and Red Orchestra 2 :)

TheGodofTheLost

Recruit

TheGodofTheLost

Recruit

30 Apr 2012, 01:03

Greetings everyone!

I am 41 year old, father of two, married, living in South Carolina, US.

RumblinMutt.. Just thought it up a number of years ago and it's unique so I stuck with it. I sort of "rumble" and ramble around on the Battlefield.. And I am also a dog lover, so therefore the Mutt reference.

What are your hobbies?
Spending time with my Kids and my dogs, Computers/PC gaming, Playing the Drums, Camping, Following Sports (NFL, NBA, etc), Golf, and Art/Graphic Design.

The World War 2 setting/environment.

Dice's Battlefield series (Mainly 1942 & BF2..BF has been sharply in decline with latest installments)
COD World at War (+ zombies)
Project Reality (BF2 mod)
Company of Heroes

Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan, Battle Los Angeles, Tin Cup, Lord of the Rings, Dumb & Dumber, The Other Guys.
..Plus, Generation Kill, The Walking Dead, Band of Brothers & the Pacific (technically TV movies)

Heroes & Generals Beta, Battlefield 3, Dead Island & Tribes Ascend

RumblinMutt

Private
Private

RumblinMutt

Private
Private

01 May 2012, 05:00

radrussian was a character in south park. and im russian. im also number 1. simple

What are your hobbies?
video games, thinking, learning, and partying.

i dont know yet. i'd like to find out. but from first impressions the campaign looks like it will promote team play and hopefully get the campers moving. ;)

cant think of any really. to categorize something as my favorite it would mean something that i constantly want to play. but i really cant think of a game that i feel that way about. games hold my interest for a while but seem to circle around themselves and get dull over time. to be my favorite it would constantly have to change. thats why im actually interested in becoming a game designer, to hopefully make my dream a reality.

curently the avengers. oh my god guys go see it! its amazing.

battlefield bad company 2. im holding a strike on battlefield 3 due too broken game mechanics and DICE's inability to act on customer feedback.

radrussian1

Private
Private

radrussian1

Private
Private

01 May 2012, 06:44

Greetings from finland :D

K120 , It's the model of my logitech keyboard... Cheap and old but it's been serving me well. :P
What are your hobbies?
Computers , fps games and tattoo art.
As far this is the type of game i've been searching for a long time... Best things must be it's based on ww2 , fighting for the territory and the idea of making game for the gamers.
Medal of honor: allied assault , cod 4 , world of tanks
I like everything where's action and explotions. :P
ww2online
Vihollisen uhka on todellinen.
ImageImage

K120

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

K120

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

01 May 2012, 13:17

Weeee...isa meeeee !!!

hmm, that will be Fritz, I have used this nick since....Quake World back in the days :D
Original comming from when my parrents divorced, and as i had a semi-nazi friend back then, and I was in an identity crisis, he said I looked arian, so he called me Fritz...I started using that in games aswell...kick from loads of servers due to "Your nick is Fritz, your Axis..", If anything...I'm a copimist...(http://www.kopimistsamfundet.org/)

What are your hobbies?
Playing games, watching movies...playing 8-ball...

Looks like my kind of game, without farming and stuff like that :D great modells, long view ranges, finally a MMO worth playing !

Action quake 2, Il-2 Sturmovik, Battlefield 3, World of tanks...

oohh...so many...Hard boild, Long kiss goodnight, the Iron cross, Saving private Ryan...and more..

Battlefield 3, Silent hunter 4 (signed up for Silent hunter online), Counter strike zombies, World of tanks...think thats it...

FRlTZ

Private
Private

FRlTZ

Private
Private

02 May 2012, 08:07

I'm Komandr.

As far a hobbies go I do art, writing, and gaming.

I have yet to play heroes and generals as I do not have a beta key.

Komandr

Recruit

Komandr

Recruit

02 May 2012, 12:30

Hi All, greeting from the sunny canary islands. Thanks to MrWolf for finding this great game.

The tag have 2 parts, SYN cus of the squad Im part of, The Syndicate, and Haashashin for the medieval killers.

What are your hobbies?
Spending time outside, reading, videogames and now just discovered mision editing.

A fresh take on WW2, not the generic shooter.

Probably.. Company of Heroes, Arma, European Air War and Rise of Flight

HHHMmm tons of them, Memphis Belle is for sure one of them.

Rise of Flight

SYN_Haashashin

Recruit

SYN_Haashashin

Recruit

02 May 2012, 12:59

Hello i ll hope get in into pre-beta

So.. if i ll be able to play it or test it. I ll choose my actual nick: PlayerOneSVK, SVK is meaning i am from Slovakia.. so i ll be really happy if i ll find someone from my country becouse i love team work.

What are your hobbies?
Firstly is here my GF after it i am playing games, Airsoft i own team we are specialized for military realism wars... (( taking too much money xD ))

RTS+FPS i ll hope there will be more in 1 map 32vs32 player , skins , WW2 , but i cant talk about gameplay becouse i am not in :(

Battlefield series currently i am play BF3 but only HARDCORE MODE really dont like that idea if you spot someone you will see him in normal view it is for nooobs , World of tanks (( had premium for 1 year but now i am bored cos i have max. classes of tanks xD )) APB reloaded i love idea of this game but it have shitty lagged engine where i am getting lag spikes with i-5 2500k, ENGTX560 Ti,4GB RAM so i ll hope this game will be optimalized

Hm... Some historical documets.. but i am watching tv with my GF... so... ehm those girls movies xD

Battlefiled3,WoT,APB:reloade and betatesting some games like Star Conflict or Grimlands

playeronesvk

Corporal
Corporal

playeronesvk

Corporal
Corporal

05 May 2012, 23:08

Hey guys and gals, I'm Leo. I'm 23, live in Georgia, and have a wife and a 10 month old son. I'm a US Army Infantry veteran and I'm now in school for nursing. Also, I love Alpha/Beta testing and have beta'd a TON of games.

LeoFury. My name is Leo, and I have a temper :D I'm not very creative.

What are your hobbies?

Gaming, shooting, and larping. I'm a dork. Also, come be a Game of Thrones fanboy with me.

I love, love, love the grand campaign map and the character customization both equally. The grand campaign is an excellent concept and for a military veteran, the icons are intuitive and easy to read at a glance. The character customization is pretty awesome, and poor Tom Jones (my only character at the moment) has been through hell a hundred times over.

That's a tough one, but I've got to say I have a deep love for Borderlands' setting and humor.

Anything with Liam Neeson in it. That man is a great actor. I also love pre-Batman Christian Bale movies.

Testing H&G, of course. I haven't run into any real issues other than some animation errors which others have addressed, so now I'm starting to look at balance.

LeoFury

Private
Private

LeoFury

Private
Private

07 May 2012, 08:20

TriggerPappy because I like to shoot things and I am old.

What are your hobbies?
Video Games, Talking about Video Games, Sports, History, Traveling

I love how its an FPS with a real time campaign mode. I love strategery and shooting things.

UT2004, Call of Duty 2/4, Vanilla Wow, Pong, Civilization

Star Wars, LOTR, Pulp Fiction

Heroes and Generals, Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3, Firefall and various other beta games I can't talk about :)
TriggerPappy
http://hg.fragworld.org (coming soon)
Twitter

triggerpappy

Recruit

triggerpappy

Recruit

07 May 2012, 17:07

Hello!

I'm really excited to find out about Heroes and Generals and would love to get involved in the Alpha/Beta testing. You concept is brilliant and right up my alley of gaming.

My name is Kanga and I originally got the name from gaming as Cpt.Kangaroo with Medal of Honor Allied Assault. When I joined a group of gamers who dealt with ranks, my name was obviously shorten.

What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are first,baseball. I coach a mens wood bat baseball team in Florida. I love to travel. I'm a web developer by profession. My computer gaming hobbies involve WW2 games such as the IL2 series, old COD and MOH series, BIA and Company of Heroes, Close Combat series back in the day and currently I fly IL2 Cliffs of Dover since the WW2 FPS market gave way to modern combat gaming.

Being a history nut, I love WW2 and the world is due for a new, amazing WW2 game and this looks to be it!

MOHAA is the most sentimental to me.

Besides the WW2 movies like Red Tails, Pacific, Band of Brothers and SPR. My favorite movies are Amelie, *61 and really anything by Adam Sandler.

Il2 Cliffs of Dover and WW2 Online.

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

09 May 2012, 13:40

Hello,

finally i get an alpha key and im very exited to have a first look at the game :P

My gamertag is BloodyWiesel, there is no story behind it, i just thought it's a funny nickname :mrgreen:

What are your hobbies?
Well my hobbies are doing physical training and playing computer games.

For me it is the setting of the game, i hope i will live to see an hughe ww2 enviroment with an good balance between realistic and arcade gameplay. :!:

Battlefield 1942 especially with the mod Forgotten Hope
Company of Heroes
Fallout3
Morrowind

Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
and all films about ww2 f.e. Stalingrad, Band of Brothers, Kelly's Heroes, etc.

Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad
Company of Heroes
and soon Heroes and Generals 8-)

Cheers

BloodyWiesel

BloodyWiesel

Recruit

BloodyWiesel

Recruit

09 May 2012, 19:25

Hey guys.

What is your gamertag in Heroes & Generals and what's the story behind it? Bloodsky, I taint the skys red with the blood of my enemies.
What are your hobbies? Aviation, RC planes, video games, reading, some kit modeling
What’s the best thing about Heroes & Generals? I have yet to find out. I think i will enjoy the tanks.
What are your favorite games of all time? Medal of Honor I and Underground (PS1)
What are your favorite movies? Thats a tough one. Anything WWII related. Probably The U-Boat.
Favorite Book? The Berkut
What are you playing right now? NavyField, World of Tanks, and now this.

I heard about H&G from some clan mates, RedSky. I have experience alpha and beta testing Blitz1941 and TankAce.
Air war needs love -- add this to your signature if you agree!
i5-3570k@4.3ghz | msi gtx660 | 8gb ram | Bitfenix Prodigy | 70 fps all max settings

bloodsky

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

bloodsky

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

10 May 2012, 18:58

Salut la companie !!!

after played MoH, COD (all version PC), BF ( 2142, BC2; 3 ...) and il love RTS games.

So, make a game with twice are inside .... unbelivable !!!! :o

I want to be, no i need ... no i MUST IT !!!!!!! :evil:

RagnaR0K911

Recruit

RagnaR0K911

Recruit

16 May 2012, 14:00

My ingame name in almost all games is Biggar, although I have some variations such as NL-Biggar as well. When I was born, my parents called me Rob (and somehow that always stuck around, it's even on my passport!) and Biggar just means Big R. It only got funny when my little sister wanted to call herself Big S...

What are your hobbies?
Gaming, obviously. I also play Bridge: a very old fashioned and rather difficult cardgame. It's actually considered a sport, similar to Chess.

Bikes. No doubt.

Very hard question. A small list of the ones I enjoyed the most:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Half Life series, Portal series, Jak & Daxter series, Battlefield Heroes, Minecraft, Pokémon series

The first one that I could think of was All Stars, a Dutch comedy. It's probably not one of the greatest films, though.

Battlefield Heroes, Minecraft and this game every now and then.

Biggar

Private
Private

Biggar

Private
Private

23 May 2012, 17:16

Hello all, Intra here.
33 year old Canadian near Toronto. Had a friend online mention this game, sounds great!

Not going to be creative, too early and coffee is still full, :D
So Ill answer those basic questions :)

Intravenous - to keep a very long story short, i was on Intravenous injection for over a year. I figured it's a lifeline that can also kill you. I enjoy playing a support or healer role a lot of the time in games so it seemed to fit nicely :)

What are your hobbies?
Reading, Hockey, Java, ASP, Computers, & Gaming

The little things all coming together to help give the most realistic battlefield-feel possible.

One of my favorite games I played on computer of all time was a M.U.D called Medievia. A telnet text based game that had ideas and mechanics all brought together in one package to a degree I have still never seen in any current games.
FPS - Americas Army 2.8.5 and the old Starsiege Tribes were my two faves.
RTS - C&C:TS & currently playing a lot of SC2.
Favorite board game - Axis & Allies and Chess.
Favorite console games were all EA NHL's and Koei games, specially Romance of three kingdoms series.

Romeo & Juliet, Hackers, The Matrix, The Fifth Element, Billy Madison, Superbad, Old School, & Inception would be my top picks. If I had to pick only one, The Matrix.

WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, Minecraft, Star Trek Online, Warface, EON, Battlefield 3, Tera, Tribes Ascend, & when im bored and looking for a small quick game its always Bejeweled and Catan.

Done! Smoke time :( hehe.
Really hope I get a chance to see how this game is coming along and a feel for the gameplay first hand.
Would be happy to test and give feedback if its needed.
Hope H&G continues to move forward and becomes the ultimate fps/mix war sim/game or something like that. :)
Take care. ;)

Intravenous

Recruit

Intravenous

Recruit

23 May 2012, 20:30

reto.kensolo wrote:Each week we present one on the developers of the team in our news-section (http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/community/news), so you can get to know us a little better. We thought that we would give you the same option to introduce yourself to us and to the community.

Feel free to write whatever you like about yourself, but if you need inspiration you could answer the following questions for a start:

What are your hobbies?

Not in game yet. I was Maxx in red Orchestra.
I play games for a hobby.
I have hopes of laughing as hard playing Heros and Generals as I did playing Red Orchestra.
I liked Red Orchestra.
Favorite Movies -- Alain Renais' Providence and Kirosawa's Seven Samurai

Maxxx

Private
Private

Maxxx

Private
Private