FORUM

Master your own destiny! Command a nation!

Promo gold??

Can’t find a dedicated forum for your gameplay topic?

Promo gold??

16 Apr 2013, 13:05

Hello I have just read in another tread that if 1 enters a promo code and make and account they will be given 300 gold.
can someone confirme this to be true? and will they keep said money after a reset?
I am not going too complain(too much), but can this really be true that reto will make something like this.. isnt that kinda saying: hey new guys/alt account makers.. here is a bunch of money, pls use them too get an advantage ingame, over the guys who are already in the game.

It just seems strange too me..

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: Promo gold??

16 Apr 2013, 14:00

more free AT's for multi's :)

direktor

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

direktor

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

16 Apr 2013, 14:03

direktor wrote:more free AT's for multi's :)

That is srsly what I fear..
+ a kick in the groin for us who have work our butt of too get where we are :)

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

16 Apr 2013, 14:07

300 free gold wont get you far anyway...
If it ain't broke - go break it!

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

16 Apr 2013, 15:04

It is a damn shame that those who started playing in alpha/closed beta get nothing, and all these players joining in open beta are being showered with free money... :roll:
Gunja75 wrote:H&G is brilliant and joyful. Wanna kiss each developer in the butt and sing to them softly, THANK YOU for this.

bigboy0007

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

bigboy0007

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

16 Apr 2013, 15:08

Clocks_dk wrote:300 free gold wont get you far anyway...

It's like a coupon for a free appetizer at a restaurant.

Bon appétit!!

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kanga

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

16 Apr 2013, 15:52

Kanga wrote:It's like a coupon for a free appetizer at a restaurant.
Bon appétit!!

unless someone reserves all tables in the restaurant under different names and eats all the appetizers without actually payign for anythign ^^ thats what the multiaccounters do imo
Kern wrote:You know tanks are balanced when one side has to ditch their tank and go infantry to increase their combat effectiveness against an equally priced tank while the other tank can one-shot kill their "equal" opponent from over 1km away.

katthedemon

Colonel
Colonel

katthedemon

Colonel
Colonel

16 Apr 2013, 15:55

katthedemon wrote:
Kanga wrote:It's like a coupon for a free appetizer at a restaurant.
Bon appétit!!

unless someone reserves all tables in the restaurant under different names and eats all the appetizers without actually payign for anythign ^^ thats what the multiaccounters do imo

Which will get them nothing but login/logout troubles all day to manage their 1 single free AT pr account.

If thats how they will spend their time winning, then fine by me :-)

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

16 Apr 2013, 16:04

Clocks_dk wrote:Which will get them nothing but login/logout troubles all day to manage their 1 single free AT pr account.

a browser in a vm is all you need hell you dont even need a vm just different browsers ...

i just say it is exploitable especcially if they continue to give free gold away lets assume i make 20 accounts have 20 assault teams and can earn money with them in the future as well as get some more free promo codes/gifts

this could end in 200 assault teams and now think of 200 paras controlled by a single player THEN you might see the danger too ;) write a macro to organize the accounts write another to move them and voilla the whole of europe is permablocked by 200 paras ...
Kern wrote:You know tanks are balanced when one side has to ditch their tank and go infantry to increase their combat effectiveness against an equally priced tank while the other tank can one-shot kill their "equal" opponent from over 1km away.

katthedemon

Colonel
Colonel

katthedemon

Colonel
Colonel

16 Apr 2013, 16:09

katthedemon wrote:
Clocks_dk wrote:Which will get them nothing but login/logout troubles all day to manage their 1 single free AT pr account.

a browser in a vm is all you need hell you dont even need a vm just different browsers ...

i just say it is exploitable especcially if they continue to give free gold away lets assume i make 20 accounts have 20 assault teams and can earn money with them in the future as well as get some more free promo codes/gifts

this could end in 200 assault teams and now think of 200 paras controlled by a single player THEN you might see the danger too ;) write a macro to organize the accounts write another to move them and voilla the whole of europe is permablocked by 200 paras ...

Good luck with 20 open browsers all craving 1.4 gb of RAM.

If you want to go through all this hassle to cheat in a online game, then you truely derserve to win the war :-)

You have my support...

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Clocks_dk

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

16 Apr 2013, 16:17

Clocks_dk wrote:
katthedemon wrote:

Good luck with 20 open browsers all craving 1.4 gb of RAM.

If you want to go through all this hassle to cheat in a online game, then you truely derserve to win the war :-)

You have my support...

Not to mention that IE doesn't even count as a browser. I use it and the campaign map freezes up every 10 minutes.
Gunja75 wrote:H&G is brilliant and joyful. Wanna kiss each developer in the butt and sing to them softly, THANK YOU for this.

bigboy0007

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

bigboy0007

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

17 Apr 2013, 00:15

Sejmundo wrote:Hello I have just read in another tread that if 1 enters a promo code and make and account they will be given 300 gold.
can someone confirme this to be true? and will they keep said money after a reset?
I am not going too complain(too much), but can this really be true that reto will make something like this.. isnt that kinda saying: hey new guys/alt account makers.. here is a bunch of money, pls use them too get an advantage ingame, over the guys who are already in the game.

It just seems strange too me..

link?

Chlodovech

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Chlodovech

Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

17 Apr 2013, 01:06

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7531&p=66280
Thats the link and it is 200 free gold not 300 but still enough to gain 92k credits.
So you can buy an inf at for free with these new account.

Kaese_Felix

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Kaese_Felix

Hauptmann
Hauptmann

17 Apr 2013, 12:10

Kaese_Felix wrote:http://forum.heroesandgenerals.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7531&p=66280
Thats the link and it is 200 free gold not 300 but still enough to gain 92k credits.
So you can buy an inf at for free with these new account.

Thx.. u just beat me to it :D

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Sejmundo

1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant